Extends Battery Life, Enhances Performance
Series strings of storage batteries are used quite commonly with UPS, Inverter, Telecom SMPS & Power Plants etc.
Battery Equalization is to correct this imbalance.
When batteries in different states of charge are connected in series, there are chances that the weaker battery becomes weaker and the stronger battery gets overcharged. This leads to a reduction in the life cycle of the overall string of batteries, as against the original life expectancy. The battery equalizer prevents this adverse effect on the batteries and thereby increases the working life of the entire string of batteries.
This technology provides perfect voltage matching of the batteries during both charge and discharge. The equalizer brings longer life cycle, lower rates of failure and is also easy to maintain.
Here are the major advantages of using a Battery Equalizer :
- When there are more than 2 batteries in the series, it will equalize the voltage in them and ensure they do not have different voltages.
- Protects your batteries from undercharging and overcharging, which reduces their working life.
- Extends battery life and capacity appreciably.
- Reduces the frequency of battery replacement, thus reducing cost and saving money.
- Easy to install with batteries connected in series.
- Operates in all 3 modes : battery charging, discharging or in idle mode.
- Compact size, low weight.